We do a lot of polls on our Facebook page, and many of you are kind enough to participate in them. We thought it was time to share the results of just a few of those polls, and what we think they say about cockapoos and their owners. We have rounded down all the results for the sake of simplicity.
The Cockapoo Trait Poll
On June 20th, we asked you what single word (out of six choices) most describes your cockapoo. We received 108 responses. Here are the results:
- A full 70% (76 votes) picked the word FRIENDLY.
- 16% of owners picked the word CRAZY. That includes us. =)
- 8% picked the word GENTLE.
- 3% chose SHY.
- Less than 1% (1 vote) picked the word HYPERACTIVE.
- Nobody picked the word LAZY.
The Fetching Poll
- 92 of you (45%) said your cockapoo “fetches the ball, but doesn’t always give it back.”
- 73 of you (35%) said “Yes!”
- 24 of you (11%) said “Yes, but when he brings it back, he wants to fight for it.”
- 12 of you (5%) said “Not at all.”
- 3 (1%) of you said “Sometimes, when the mood strikes.”
- 3 (2%) of you said you kept no dogs.
- 73 (58%) of you have just one dog (and I bet it’s a cockapoo.)
- 27 (21%) of you own two dogs.
- 22 (17%) of you go all out…you own three dogs or more.
What did we learn? Well, simply that most cockapoo owners keep a single dog at any given time. 58% of you, a decent majority. Considering how much attention this dog can require, how difficult it can be to care for a dog in today’s busy world, and how much love one cockapoo can give, this isn’t a surprise.
What was surprising was how many of you (17%) own three or more dogs. That’s a lot of dogs, and I can only imagine how busy your days must be, and how much loving and licking you must get every day!
The Cockapoo Weight Poll
Cockapoos come in many different sizes. On May 8th we wanted you to tell us how much your cockapoos weighed, and you obliged. Here are the results we got.
- Under 14 lbs (1 stone) received 32 votes, or 21%.
- Under 21 lbs (1.5 stone) received 51 votes, or 34%.
- Under 28 lbs (2 stones) received 38 votes, or 25%.
- 28 lbs (2 stones) or more received 27 votes, or 18%.
What did we learn? Not much, except that cockapoos definitely come in a lot of different sizes! The most common answer, however, was Under 21 lbs (under 1.5 stone) which is a little lower than I would have guessed. One must take into account that many of the owners may have puppies who are not yet full grown, so this poll was more for fun than for hard facts.