We love to conduct polls and ask questions at Cockapoo Crazy’s FaceBook page. Our readers are very responsive, and it is great to be able to examine the data, which is often surprising, and get a clearer view of various aspects of Cockapoos and the people whose hearts they own.
It has been months since we last shared any poll results here, and it seemed high time to post some. So without further ado, let’s look at two recent polls.
The Cockapoo Color Poll
To get a clearer view of how common various Cockapoo colors are, on November 27th, 2012, we asked you, “What is the *dominant* color of your Cockapoo?” We left five categories open, 151 of you responded, and the results were as follows.
- 33% of Cockapoo owners responding (50 votes) chose Light: White, buff, or cream.
- 29% of you (44 votes) chose Golden: Golden, light apricot, or blonde.
- 24% (37 votes) said your Cockapoos were mostly Dark: Black, blue-black, charcoal, or gray.
- Only 11% of respondents (17 votes) had a predominately Brown: Chocolate, red, dark, apricot, or brown Cockapoo.
- About 2% of you (3 votes) have Cockapoos that do not have a single dominant color, and chose Multiple colors, equally distributed.
We were not so much surprised by the relatively even distribution of the first three answers, Light, Golden, and Dark. The much lower incidence of Brown Cockapoos was a bit of a surprise since, considering how cute everyone thinks a chocolate Cockapoo is. Perhaps this color trait is simply more difficult to get than the others when breeding?
It should also be noted that only 3 respondents said that their Cockapoo’s coats were Multiple colors, equally distributed. Such multi-colored poos are incredibly cute, but apparently quite rare!
The Toy Destruction Poll
On November 14th, 2012, we wanted to know how destructive you felt your Cockapoos were toward their playthings. To get an idea, we conducted a poll asking, “How often does your Cockapoo destroy play toys? Finish this statement and let us know. “My Cockapoo…” 73 of you responded this time, and here’s what you told us.
- About 40% of you (29 votes) told us that your Cockapoo “Ruins toys once in a while.”
- 38% of you (28 votes) told us your Cockapoo “Ruins every toy.”
- 15 % of owners (11 votes) claimed their Cockapoo “Never ruins toys.”
- Just 7% of you (5 votes) responded by telling us that your Cockapoo “Rarely ruins toys.”
This one was a bit of a surprise for us in several ways. Belonging to the “Rarely ruins toys” category ourselves, we didn’t realize how common it would be for Cockapoos to ruin toys. According to this data, which is admittedly a lower sampling than some of our polls, only 22% of Cockapoos rarely or never ruin toys.
What have we learned here? Simply that Cockapoos are a bit more rough on toys than we thought. We will take this into account in our future dog toy and product recommendations for Cockapoo owners, and newer owners should remember it when choosing toys for their new pups!